- This event has passed.
June 20 @ 5:00 pm - June 22 @ 1:00 pm$349
Come join Alan & Gem Fadling for an Unhurried Living Silent Retreat at the beautiful Prince of Peace Abbey in Oceanside, CA. You’ll be guided in a two-day experience of solitude, silence and prayer, practices we’ve found both life-giving and life-saving. You’ll enjoy a small retreat community, even within the silence.
- You want to step off the treadmill of busyness and make space for the presence of God.
- You desire to engage the starting place of fullness. Silence can help quiet the need for achievements, possessions and recognition.
- You wonder, how do I do being? Spending extended unhurried time alone with God is the perfect way to learn.
- Your soul feels hurried and you are looking for a spiritual practice that addresses this.
You’d like a do-able introduction to extended silence & solitude.
- You would like to learn to slow down inside but you don’t know how.
Date: June 20-22, 2018
Time: Wednesday at 5pm to Friday at 1pm
Location: Prince of Peace Abbey, 650 Benet Hill Rd., Oceanside, CA 92058
Bring: Bible, dress in layers
Provided: 2 nights with private room and bath, 6 meals
Retreat Fee: $149
- Wednesday night gathering for introduction and guidance on the practice of silent retreat.
- Thursday morning brief gathering for further teaching and guidance for the day (participants in silence).
- Thursday mid-morning individual spiritual direction appointment with Alan or Gem (20 minutes).
- Friday morning gathering to reflect, debrief, and share and celebrate in community.